Do You Need NJ Medicaid Legal Assistance?
Some people can file a Medicaid application on their own. Others cannot or should not because of complications, whether legal or otherwise, of which they are not even aware and would benefit from the help of a NJ Medicaid lawyer. I have prepared a test to determine whether professional assistance is needed in preparing and filing a Medicaid Application in New Jersey. Read each question carefully and be as honest in your answers as possible.
- Have I identified the county and its location where the application must be filed?
- Am I familiar with all the documentation which must accompany the filing of a Medicaid Application?
- Do I know and understand the important Medicaid laws regarding financial eligibility and spend down?
- Do I have enough documentation to prove that the spend down in my case is proper?
- Am I familiar with the NJ Medicaid law regarding gifting and the transfer of assets?
- Do I have enough documentation to explain that the transfer of assets was done properly, lawfully, and without penalty?
- Do I have the 30-50+ hours that it is estimated is required for the preparation and filing of a Medicaid Application?
- If the New Jersey Medicaid eligibility worker asks questions, do I understand the process sufficiently to give the answers, which will not hurt me or the Medicaid Applicant?
- Do I know what a pre-admission Medicaid screening is and how it applies to my Medicaid application?
- If the Medicaid Application is rejected, am I familiar with the rules for filing a Fair Hearing appeal?
- If the Medicaid Application is neither rejected or approved, am I familiar with my rights and the procedures necessary to be followed for obtaining prompt action?
- Do I know how to deal with the nursing home or other facility while they are not being paid during the pendency of the Medicaid Application and do I know how much I must pay them every month until Medicaid is approved?
Benefits of Using an Elder Care Attorney to Qualify for NJ Medicaid Eligibility
Recent Medicaid Changes Written for Proof of Eligibility Demands Video
I am happy to refer the many families I work with daily to Fred Niemann. He is extremely detailed and able to handle all the aspects of elder law that most families need assistance with. Many of the families will make a point of thanking me for referring them to Fred and are able to refer him to others as well. Therefore, I recommend his services highly to anyone seeking a lawyer with integrity, knowledge of his trade and a good reputation.
Christine Meyer – Eldercare Advisor at A Place for Mom
If the answers to the above questions are not 100% yes, then contact Fredrick P. Niemann toll-free at (855) 376-5291 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an office consultation at your convenience.
Written by Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. of Hanlon Niemann & Wright, a NJ Medicaid Lawyer