Be Certain Your Application Confirms You Are Eligible for New Jersey Medicaid
To be eligible for New Jersey Medicaid, a person must meet these requirements
- Be a resident of New Jersey
- Be a U.S. Citizen or qualified alien
- Be medically and financially eligible including income and resource qualifications
- Satisfy specific application standards and requirements deemed essential for processing a Medicaid application
It’s Important That You Understand the Medicaid Program You Are Applying For
New Jersey Medicaid offers several long-term care programs outside of a nursing home or assisted living residence designed to meet the unique medical needs of aging and disabled individuals who would not otherwise qualify for traditional Medicaid. That’s a great benefit.
These programs include:
- At-home care with a qualified, licensed home health aide. Elderly and disabled group homes are also an available option.
- Combination of home-based and comprehensive out of home-based care under the New Jersey MLTSS Program called PACE which is increasingly expanding to allow for alternative care outside of an institutional setting. PACE is like adult day care on steroids. It offers participants a protective out of home environment with free transportation, meals, physical therapy, prescriptions, rehabilitation, physicians, nursing and home set up and free pick up and safe return home. It’s a program worth discussing further with me.
- Assisted Living and Nursing Home Medicaid.
Mrs. Fanok was a true professional who returned calls, emails and kept our family informed throughout the whole process. It was a pleasure to work with her the past year. I would recommend your firm and especially Mrs. Fanok anytime, and already have. She has shown our family true compassion and dedication to our case. She, in my opinion, is a tremendous and valuable asset to your firm. Our family thanks you, Mrs. Fanok.
– Peter Taddeo – Marlboro, NJ
Understanding the Medicaid Application Process
Why Seek Legal Advice Before You File a Medicaid Application in New Jersey?
As life expectancies and long-term care costs continue to rise, the challenge quickly becomes how to pay for these services. Many people cannot afford to pay $8,500 to $13,000 per month or more for the cost of a nursing home, assisted living or home-based care, and those who can pay for a while may find their life savings wiped out in a matter of months, rather than years.
Fortunately, the NJ Medicaid Program can help. In fact, in our lifetime, Medicaid has become the long-term care insurance of the middle class. But eligibility to receive Medicaid benefits requires that you pass certain eligibility tests involving your income and assets.
Applying for Medicaid Eligibility For Long Term Care in NJ (Part I)
Applying for Medicaid Eligibility For Long Term Care in NJ (Part II)
The reason for consulting with Hanlon Niemann & Wright before filing your application is that without advance planning and advice, many people spend down more of their savings and resources than they should or are required to, or they transfer assets and savings inappropriately and illegally and are then faced with significant penalties and months/years of ineligibility, jeopardizing their family’s financial security. In many cases, a home and/or resources may be exempted if properly transferred within the appropriate time frames and guidelines that exist under New Jersey Medicaid laws.
Remember, Medicaid in New Jersey will pay for a nursing home, assisted living and home-based care. Qualification and eligibility are based on strict criteria for approval. For a low cost consultation on Medicaid eligibility and the Medicaid application process, contact Fredrick P. Niemann toll-free at (855) 376-5291 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. of Hanlon Niemann & Wright, a New Jersey Medicaid Attorney
Medicaid Attorneys serving these New Jersey Counties:
Monmouth County, Ocean County, Essex County, Cape May County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Bergen County, Morris County,
Burlington County, Union County, Somerset County, Hudson County, Passaic County New Jersey Medicaid Eligibility