Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq., a Special Needs Trust Attorney
The Monmouth County Office on Disabilities, as part of the Division on Aging. Disabilities, and Veterans’ Interment Affairs, is the leading agency in Monmouth County providing information, assistance, and referrals to all people with disabilities. The Office on Disabilities utilizes vast public and private resources available throughout Monmouth County in order to serve the needs of the disabled community. Common inquiries for information, assistance, and referrals include the following:
• Social Security Disability Benefits
• Temporary Disability
• Financial Assistance
• Handicap Parking
• Home Health Aids
• ADA Issues
• Project Lifesaver
Programs and Partnerships
- Identifying the location of people who are home bound in the event of a disaster is important to the security and well being of our Monmouth County citizens who are disabled. The Office on Disabilities, through a partnership with the Monmouth County Office of Emergency Management, can now directly register people online using the “NJ Special Needs Registry”. This service will enable emergency responders to locate and evacuate people with disabilities in the event of a disaster.
- The Office on Disabilities developed a partnership with the Jersey Coast Chapter of the American Red Cross to store donated durable medical equipment in their warehouse for citizens of Monmouth County. Durable medical equipment is available free of charge.
- The Office on Disabilities partnered with the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Department to design a “Sheriff’s Office Medical Alert Photo ID Card”. Information on this card will include emergency contact information, allergies, medication, and medical conditions. This card will be available to citizens of Monmouth County free of charge beginning July, 2008.
- The Division on Aging, Disabilities, and Veterans’ Interment Affairs provides grant funding for Camp Oakhurst in order to provide recreation and social activities for adults with disabilities. Transportation is available for program participants.
- The Monmouth County Office on Disabilities provides information on accessible beaches located throughout Monmouth County.
- MOCEANS Center for Independent living is located in Long Branch, NJ and serves as the Independent Living Center for Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
- MOCEANS provides advocacy training and leadership development, independent skills development, and peer support. In addition, MOCEANS operates Personal Assistant Services Program (PASP) that provides personal assistance to individuals with disabilities so that they can access employment, educational pursuits, and volunteer work. This program is partially funded by the Division on Aging, Disabilities, and Veterans’ Interment Affairs.
For information on the programs
and partnerships listed, please call
the Monmouth County Office on Disabilities
For further information and advice in any Special Needs Trust matter, do not hesitate to contact me at 732-863-9900 Ext. 101 or 105, or firstname.lastname@example.org/.